Thursday, July 6, 2017

Monster Hunter XX: Highest Difficulty Deviant Solo-ing 2/3

There probably will not be a 3/3.
Since out of the remaining ones, there includes a couple or few Monsters that are extremely painful to fight against, especially by yourself. Yes, I'm looking at you, you stupid rolling machine and you, you and your tendency to stay in the air 90% of the time.

Anyways, 6 more down.
And a couple of thoughts on each.





Mizutsune
Bushido Dual Sword
The good and trusty Bushido Dual Sword. If you move to the left, his drilling tackle doesn't really seem to even hit you. The biggest problem is his jump body slam, because you see him preparing for the attack, but he doesn't actually jump up and down to hit you a tad bit later, so if you lose focus, you will dodge too early and get killed. Other than that, there really wasn't much trouble.



Hellblade Glavenus
Brave Longsword
Because I ate the cat meal that negates one death, it doesn't show, but I died once when I accidentally Braved his breath attack. If you try to Brave the breath, you will Brave the actual breath, but the following explosion will hit (and kill).
When he charges his tail and slams down to cause a huge explosion, it is important to continue walking and avoid the actual tail, Countering the explosion instead.
Other than that, it is quite fun Countering his attacks. His breath attack is surprisingly hard to avoid and quite painful, so if he gets far away, it is important to chase after him, unless you want him to keep on spitting fireballs at you.



Redhelm Arzuros
Striker Gunlance
Guard, Cannon Fire, Guard, Cannon Fire. As long as you don't daze off, it is quite a simple task. I also added the Mind's Eye skill, so I could add some pokes along with Cannon fire.



Snowbaron Lagombi
Bushido Dual Sword
I chose the Bushido Dual Sword because it was a pain avoiding or getting hit by the shrouds of ice that he causes up from his circular sliding. There was a funny moment where my Palico activated the tank while Lagombi was exhausted, because every time the tank fired, it caused sound, which temporarily stunned him. Over and over again, until he recovered from exhaustion.
Aside from the easy-to-dodge-if-you-don't-get-greedy drop kick, the only other thing that you have to keep in mind is to generally not be in front of him, because he may suddenly charge at you. It doesn't instantly kill, but it still damn hurts.
Oh, and I used up my Guts when I tried to knock the giant snowball with a flash bomb, so I realized as far as Solo goes, it isn't worth it.



Stonefist Hermitaur
Striker Shield-and-Sword
His G-rank attack, where he puts his claws together to swipe to his left, has surprising range and obviously incredible power.
So I made sure to constantly, always, no-matter-what, stay on his right. The only problem is that he will constantly try to position himself where he can hit you with his left claw, but I still kept on heading to his right.
Other than that, it was hitting his legs (surprisingly hard because they are so thin) and then hitting his head when he topples. I get a couple of stuns along the way, along with one ride.

Oh, and I died once from his charged horn attack. The one where he swipes a couple of time.


Diablos
Striker Greatsword
Wait for an opening, attack, run away. Repeat.
If you try to Solo him, you'll start to see all kinds of openings as well as dangerous moments. Furthermore, you'll realize that although his final berserk mode is scary, he actually has more openings in that final state.
That said, my cowardly strategy did result in almost a time-out, as you can see. Looking back, I never ended up using my Guts skill, so I could have switched that for an offensive skill and shortened my time.




No comments:

Post a Comment